Location: Terrassa, Barcelona (Spain)
Reports to: Global Procurement Director
Reporting to the Global Procurement Director, the Strategic Buyer will be responsible for developing and implementing of sourcing strategy based on metallic categories (mainly aluminum and steel).
Responsible to achieve best possible cost savings while ensuring the most beneficial supply base for the company. This includes the strategic relationship, the contracting, review and improvement of the supply base.
To ensure the supply of raw materials necessary for the correct operation of our production plants, mainly focused on EU but, also giving support to other plants located in Asia and America (Global service), providing assistance in defining Procurement yearly goals, Raw Material market analysis, also following up the main areas of purchasing activities as well as to supply data and statistical analysis for plant planning and reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participation about implementation of purchasing strategies (raw materials), paying particular attention to monitoring objectives in terms of cost, quality and delivery required.
- Raw material market analysis (including NEW Materials for diversification product portfolio).
- Develop and maintenance of market benchmarking by category, activity, trends, suppliers, products, etc.
- Negotiate contracts, supply cost optimization, profitability and terms of business with suppliers, also guaranteeing an optimum supply chain which includes minimizing purchasing risks.
- Global support to regional Procurement Departments (based on the fulfilment of the global procurement strategy).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor or above, majoring in Mechanical Engineering / Material Science or a Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting.
- Degree in Bachelor of Commerce or Business related field will be well appreciated.
- Minimum 3 years purchasing experience, preferably within an automotive or manufacturing environment.
- Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown.
- Computer literate, with advanced Excel skills/abilities (also SAP MRP experience preferable).
- Fluent English both written and spoken.