Senior mechanical design engineer
Location: Terrassa, Barcelona (Spain).
Design and development, according to the project specifications, of manual, semimanual and robotic-automated cells for components assembly for Estamp productive process in the group.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develop reliable, efficient and innovative concepts for assembly equipment taking into account the whole process and layout.
- Define technical requirements of the equipment.
- Negotiate prices and conditions with suppliers & Manage and assist suppliers to produce the best quality equipment, solving all problems could appear during the project development, being force of proposal for preventive and corrective actions in case of any deviation ensuring in any case budget, lead-time, quality and technical standards accomplishment.
- Participate on process DFMEA for assembly lines.
- Ensure a correct assistance from HQ to the different Estamp group facilities driven to improve existent assembly lines.
Education and experience:
- 10+ years of professional experience designing and developing industrial automation and systems.
- Engineering Mechanical University Education preferred although is not essential. If it was the case, proven equivalent experience is a must.
- Strong knowledge and experience with part handling, robotics, manual, semi-automated and robotic work cells layouts, process flow and operator ergonomics.
- Good knowledge in the use of CATIA to generate 3D solid model design.
- Familiar with industrial policies and procedures to ensure safety and regulatory compliance.
- Good understanding of motion control technologies and mechanical drive train design including the application of stepper motors, servomotors, pneumatics and hydraulics…
Relevant experience in:
- Design for manufacturing & automation.
- Special purpose machinery.
- Industrial Robots.
- Industrial machine control systems.
- Fluent English.
If you think you are a committed and passionate person with everything you do,
if you like working as a team, you are proactive and flexible,
if you are respectful with people and their integrity,
you are the person we are looking for!
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!