R&D Product Development Engineer
Location: Terrassa, Barcelona (Spain).
Reports to: Development team leader.
Responsible for the technical development of metal sheet products based on cool stamping process technology according to specifications and requirements established in the Customer Specification, achieving the target in cost, quality and timing.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure product development compliant with applicable customer requirements ensuring that the product meets the requirements regarding materials, components and customer standards.
- Lead internally the project in terms of product development and validation
- Carry out CAE simulations: Thermal and Mechanical simulations.
- Perform, follow and evaluate the Design Validation (DV) and Product Validation (PV) according to Customer requirements within project time.
- Manage external test linked to the DV/PV, manage suppliers, and lead time for the PPAP validation before SOP.
Education and skills requirements:
- Mechanical or Industrial Engineering degree is a must.
- Basic knowledge on CAE software. Abaqus and Ansa Knowledge is and advantage.
- Experience as Product engineer managing Development Designs and Product Validations.
- Fluent English.
- 3 years in automotive sector as product engineer in product design development. Preferred in exhaust line and engine area.
- Fluent German.
- Basics in heat transfer and linear dynamics.
- Dealing with customer and suppliers skills.
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU 👇