INTERNATIONAL COMPUTER SECURITY DAY
Today November 30, 2021 is the International Computer Security Day by Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) since 1988, created with the purpose of raising awareness about the seriousness, responsibility and neatness with which the information that is handled worldwide must be managed, as well as giving importance to the security of the information environments and systems.
It is a good day to remember, by the end of 2021, cybercrime is expected to cost the world $6 trillion and by 2025 this figure will climb to $10.5 trillion.
Estamp, aware of the seriousness of this threat, is carrying out initiatives aimed at improving the cybersecurity systems of all its production plants, following the precepts set by the TISAX certification, a benchmark for cyber security in the automotive sector.
In order to join the celebration, here we share 5 basic tips how we can help:
- Use strong passwords and not sharing them.
- Watch for suspicious or unexpected emails.
- Do not provide credentials if you have not previously requested a service that requires it.
- Provide your payment information only if you are sure the website is trustworthy.
- Do not believe everything you see on the internet and verify it.